Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wildcard Wednesday DELIVERS

All day long, I would bring up the front page of Yahoo! and just be utterly depressed at what the trending topic was. I told myself that at a certain time, the topic would lock in. So I kept looking and kept seeing Miley Cyrus. Close browser. Open browser, Miley Cyrus. Crap, really WW? You are going to make me write about Miley Cyrus. Sigh. Browser closed.

Browser opened...GHOSTBUSTERS 3!!!!! WOOHOO

Ghostbusters is one of my top 5 movies. Right up there with Back to the Future, Tombstone, GoodFellas and Star Wars. Ghostbusters 2 was ok but nothing to write home about.

I could quote Ghostbuster lines forever, it's such a quotable movie. Like this for example:

Dr. Peter Venkman: So, she's a dog...

or this little exchange

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Dr. Peter Venkman: What?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

You get the point.  There has long been a rumored Ghostbusters 3.  But would it be new people?  A reboot of the franchise like so many others are doing?  

According to what I'm reading now Ivan Reitman and the rest of the crew have all signed up to reprise their roles in the new movie.  It's a great story with all the old characters plus a bunch of new ones.  The script is waiting on Bill Murray to give it his stamp of approval and then they can move ahead with filming.   This really gives me goosebumps.   The film is scheduled to be released in December of 2012.   Check out the trailer from, are you ready, 1984!!


You have to be excited about the prospects of GB3.  Or you can't read my blog anymore.

Just kidding. 

1 comment:

Alison Kemper said...

Love it when the Ghostbusters blow apart the maid's cart at the haunted hotel. And she picks up the smoking toilet paper rolls, and asks, "What in the hell are you doing?" Just the way she says it. Hee-larious!