Monday, January 24, 2011

Money Monday - Fair and Balanced

No, I'm not writing about the Fox News Channel.  I'm writing about our checkbook.

Wait, we really don't even have a checkbook anymore.  We only write checks for Nick's daycare, everything else is paid online.  But old lingo never dies.   I still tape stuff on my DVR.  I digress.

Every morning I fire up Quicken and my bank's web page and I balance all the transactions from the day before.  I know what our checking account balance is almost to the penny.  I'm not a control freak, really. I don't tell my wife what she can and can't spend money on.  We have a budget for that.  :)  The point is nothing surprises me.  I know where the money is coming from and where it is going.

Speaking of where it is going, my Quicken balances out until the middle of April.  Hmm, maybe I do have a problem.   It gives me a great peace of mind to know that all of our bills are paid and our food, clothing and household budget are all funded.

By paying attention and watching what is happening, it feels like we have more money on a weekly basis.  And who doesn't want more money?

No comments: